Are you the Pure Culture Technician we need to support our operational excellence?
Would you like to join the world’s fastest growing pharmaceutical outsourcer in the animal health world and receive leading benefits and rewards?
We are seeking a committed and focused Fermentation Pure Culture Technician to our superb Operations team. The role focus is providing pure culture oversight and guidance for all fermentation operations, which includes prevention of microbial contamination. You will play a key part in the continual improvement of pure culture control of the fermentation process.
What you will do as Pure Culture Technician
• Evaluate findings from fermenter downtime operations and make go/no go recommendations from a pure culture perspective on proceeding to set the fermenter.
• Use diagnostic and experience skills to assist operations group troubleshooting complex operational and pure culture related issues. Use control and data management systems to aid in this work
• Be a proactive trainer and coach across the Operations group, in particular relating to pure culture activities
• Ensure execution of the routine pure culture maintenance programme
• Monitor and assist the pure culture group during foreign growth investigations
• Identify best practice and implement improvements in activities that increase pure culture control
• Write and update operational procedures and training material for use in Fermentation pure culture operations.
• Use control and data management systems to aid in all aspects of your work
• Complete documentation to cGMP standards
• Be a brand advocate, demonstrating our values in all you do
What is the Essential Criteria for the role of Pure Culture Technician
• Degree level education in a relevant discipline OR 5 years experience
• Strong and demonstrable experience of working in a manufacturing environment
• Practical mechanical experience
• Exemplary analytical and problem solving skill
What is the Desirable Criteria for the role of Pure Culture Technician
• Prior experience of working on a COMAH site (Lower, Upper or Top)
• An appreciation for working within a unionised environment