Are you the Operations Manufacturing Manager we need to drive our future success? Would you like to join the worlds fastest growing pharmaceutical outsourcer in the animal health world?
We are seeking a dynamic and passionate Operations Manufacturing Manager on a hybrid/flex basis for our COMAH site in Liverpool. The role focus includes managing people and process to ensure safety, minimal deviations, conformance, and quality. You will be laser focused on continual improvement and alignment to our values, culture and future vision.
What you will do as an Operations Manufacturing Manager
• Develop short term plans to meet short-term objectives in co-ordination with Engineering, TechOps, Quality & Supply Chain
• Keep people, facilities and the environment safe by actively reviewing risks, compliance and engaging your team through participation and communication
• Understand hazards and risks associated with relevant operational areas. Ensure they are appropriately documented, and control measures are adhered to
• Raise EHS deviations to record any non-conformance where applicable. Lead operational investigations of EHS event and own CAPAs to address findings.
• Carry out regular level II EHS inspections and ensure actions are taken to address gaps.
• Actively engage your team in safety reporting. Monitor and manage safety concerns raised in relevant operational areas
• Ensure that our work and facilities meet the requirements of cGMP and Feed Safety Standards
• Understand, communicate and monitor compliance with required quality standards and procedures. Participate in compliance audits as required by the business
• Raise quality deviations to record non-conformances where applicable. Lead operational investigations of Quality events, providing updates to Deviation Review Board and own CAPAs to address findings.
• Carry out active monitoring to ensure facilities remain fit for purpose and operating procedures are accurate.
• Monitor and improve processes to ensure batches manufactured “right-first-time”
• Manufacture products On Time and In Full, by planning and executing activities to enable downstream areas to run to schedule
• Measure and report production schedule adherence. Track and understand root causes of downtime; implement actions to prevent recurrence.
• Partner with the maintenance organization to ensure engineering activities are included in the production plan.
• Communicate regularly with your team, ensuring they are kept up to date with objectives and performance.
• Manage and control operational overtime spend, adhering to relevant management systems
• Carry out frequent Gemba walks to understand shop floor activities. Actively engage your
• Actively participate in the operations performance management process. Identify
development opportunities for high performers and manage any poor performers within your team
• Coach, empower and support the team with continuous improvement, strategic direction, values alignment and business growth
• Be a brand advocate, demonstrating our values in all you do
What is the Essential Criteria for the role of an Operations Manufacturing Manager
• Degree level education in an relevant discipline OR 5 years experience
• Strong and demonstrable experience of working in a manufacturing environment
What is the Desirable Criteria for the role of Operations Manufacturing Manager
• Prior experience of working on a COMAH site (Lower, Upper or Top)
• Exposure to working within a unionised environment